Thursday, March 27, 2014

Will you have me back? Return from (another) lengthy absence

I've missed the blogging world. In my last posts back in January I was vowing to be a better teacher and a better blogger. I was creating for TpT again. I was taking photos and I had so many posts planned. Everything changed on January 14.



My dad passed away suddenly at age 61 while waiting for a heart transplant. He was a fire captain, an avid boater, my biggest fan, and the greatest dad anyone could ask for. He drove me to school almost every morning when I broke my leg and couldn't drive. He built my classroom shelves, came in to set up in the summer, and was always my biggest supporter during the (long) journey I had trying to find my place and trying to establish my teaching career.

If I've learned nothing this year, it's that there are more important things than my job. I love teaching, it's my passion. But after breaking my leg and losing my dad, all in 4 months, my priorities are crystal clear. I can love teaching, love blogging, and love creating for TpT. But, my class will survive. Somehow, a sub can get them through without me. If I don't have plans, so be it. People will help. The kids will be fine, and life in the classroom will continue.  

So, will you have me back? I've missed the blogging world!




2 comments:

  1. My deepest condolences to you and your family . Draw strength from your memories of how much your dad loved you and you him and he will always be with you in your heart. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete