Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hall Pass!


I'm linking up with Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits for a Hall Pass linky!

P is for PRODUCT:
My favorite product right now is Krista Wallden's clip art! Her shop is my newest discovery. I have bought way too much of her stuff in the last few days! Most recently, these guys for my new Shamrockin' Literacy Centers
Go check her stuff out!

A is for AREA:
My favorite area of my classroom right now is my rug. I recently got a Mimio for my classroom and needed to reconfigure my whole classroom to allow space for it. Here's a picture of what it looks like after I changed my whole room around! 
I opened up the library and made the whole room more open. My shelves used to close in the rug area and I pushed them all against the wall :)


S is for SIGNAL:
I use lots of different signals in my classroom! I use clapping patterns, things like "Eyes Up, Hands Up", but recently I've just been walking around the classroom with "sparklers" in hand, popping them into their sparkler cups silently. Once the kids see one kid get a sparkler for sitting quietly, the room goes quiet instantly :) I use sparklers as a token system - my kids get to cash in their sparklers on Friday for classroom coupons like "bring a stuffed animal to school" or "dibs on the iPad". They love it! Must find a picture of those sparkler cups...

S is for SANITY:
My sanity is coming home to my cute puppy everyday! After a long day in the classroom, I look forward to this little nugget greeting me at the door :) 
Lola is my 6 month old French Bulldog/baby :) 

I also survive the school day with this: 
I need at least my morning coffee to make it through the day :) A stop on the way home is often needed as well! 

Hope you enjoyed the linky! Link up with Reagan or read more Hall Passes there!


 

4 comments:

  1. WOW now I need an iced coffee!!! Your puppy is WAY adorable. I can't stand it. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love a good Dunkin Donut's Iced Coffee!! You have convinced me that I need one right now, haha :) I found you through Reagan's Linky Party and I just love your blog--I'm your newsest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's nothing like a dunkin's iced coffee, even in the winter :o) Hopping over to check out your blog now!

      Delete